Microsoft is finally making the Skype group call free for all users. Skype group call allows video calls with up to 10 people using PC's or Macs. Skype's Phillip Snalune says, "In the future, we’ll be enabling group video calling for all our users across more platforms".
This service was previously offered as a part of Skype Premium service for $8.99 monthly subscription, which included some free calls along with a larger package. A day pass for an individual to access group video calling and Skype Premium was $4.99.
Find more details on Skype's official blog: http://blogs.skype.com/2014/04/28/skype-loves-bringing-groups-together-with-free-group-video-calling/
On Friday, Apple revealed a major security threat in the software that affects all its devices- communication on your apple devices that should be encrypted are not secure.
Apple released iOS 7.0.6 to fix a this security flaw in its software for mobile devices. SSL (Secure Socket Layer) vulnerability leaves users open to "man in the middle attack". If you are connected to an unsecure Wi-Fi connection (such as at a mall, airport, hotel, coffee place), this woud allow hackers to intercept and alter communication such as your email, login credentials and other secure information.
Update to iOS 7.0.6 right now and fix this security threat.
Triangle of success! Keep it simple
Is the project completed in the given time frame and budget? Is your client satisfied by the quality of the end product? Was the project completed within the agreed upon scope?
This triangle depicts the relationship between the primary factors in a project:
- Time is the available time to deliver the project
- Cost is the budget allocated for the project
- Quality is an end product that meets the client's expectations
These are the basic elements that define the success of your project. Not meeting any of these elements would challenge the project success or could result in project failure.
Scope creep (continuous change in the client's idea of what they want) is a common variable to all projects and some creep is inevitable. However a large scope creep poses danger to the success of the project.
Example: One factor is fixed
If time is fixed, the quality of the end product will depend on the cost or resources available.
Example: Two factors are fixed
If cost is fixed and there is a definite delivery date, the functionality may be reduced (quality).
Lets look at some IT project figures published by the Standish group in 2009:
- 32% were successful projects that are delivered on time, on budget, and with required features
- 44% were challenged projects, which were late, over budget, and did not have required features
- 24% of projects failed prior to completion or were delivered and never used
Aquire Services recognizes the vulnerability of IT projects and we work toward making your project a success through the application of project management principles, risk management, and common sense. We research your markets, end users, marketing strategies, and branding, and provide end user focused solutions.
Interesting read on how newspapers could capitalize eBooks and turn the internet to their advantage.
- New York Times collaborated with Vook and published archive material and Byliner, to publish original "long-form" journalism.
- Byliner sold more than 1m singles last year.
Read the complete post at www.guardian.co.uk/books/2013/mar/10/ebooks-new-reading-guardian-shorts
Contact us for your eBook conversion requirement!
eBooks failed to impress in the early 2000's but it's a different story today. Popularity of eBooks is ever increasing. Innovation in eReaders has propelled the quality of reading devices forward and eBooks have gained much popularity due to the various advantages they possess.
I have never been much of a reader, but I would occasionally read a book now and then. My first encounter with eBooks was in 2009, while I was pursuing my Masters in Business in London. The commute from my home in Norwoord Green (West London) to Holborn (Central London) took approximately an hour. I started reading eBooks on my iPhone during my commute and soon I was impressed by the ease of reading. I could store and access hundreds of eBooks as and when I required. I had instant access to eBooks from a wide variety of subjects and a most productive way of filling what would have been 2 hours wasted time- every day! I am thrilled to be involved in eBook conversion services at Aquire Services.
Growth in eBook industry has been above expectations the past couple years. Figures show us that eBook industry doubled in 2011 from 2010 and this robust growth continued in 2012. We can only anticipate the growth in eBooks in 2013 as well.
Seven basic features of eBooks:
- You can carry thousands of eBooks on the go and enjoy the reading experience on quality eReaders.
- High quality eBook conversion gives a better reading experience as the pages are well formatted and clear.
- eBooks can include links to different websites and material on the web.
- It is easy to own eBooks and the user can immediately enjoy the reading experience as they download the eBook- without waiting. There is no shipping and packing cost involved.
- eBooks are easy to publish. Publishing eBooks is cheaper than publishing tradional books and it gives new authors a better chance of publishing their work.
- Users can adjust the font size, add comments, and notes and it also makes reading easier for people with disabilities.
- eBooks can be accessed and purchased from any location in the world. This allows easier distribution of eBooks across the globe.
eBook conversion has to be of high quality and it should provide good reading experience. A high quality eBook is hand coded, with precise formatting, thorough testing and quality assurance.
Hiring a company for eBook conversion services will definitely decide the quality of your eBook published. One simple method to check the quality of eBook conversion is to ask the eBook conversion company for a sample conversion of you book, maybe around 5 random pages to see the output. Find the right company for your eBook Conversion!
Click here for eBook conversion quote.
Technical aspects or "look and feel" are not the only requirements for a good website- it is the bare minimum requirement. But this cannot be the only reason you should develop a website. There must be more to it!
Have you shopped at a highly organized retail store? Recall the ease of shopping? You walk around effortlessly with a shopping cart, knowing where to find things. You know how much it costs, you recognize the packaging of products, staffs are good at assisting you and finally purchasing the product is easy. These are similar traits your website should possess.
An ideal website must provide prospective clients with every assistance required for high user experience. Layout of the website should be easy to navigate and exhibit its purpose of existence. Visitors should enjoy smooth browsing experience- landing pages and call to action should be strategically placed.
All this said- how can this be achieved?
Here is a simple method to evaluate your website's effectiveness. Does your website answer the following basic strategic and tactical marketing questions?
- What is your PRODUCT? Is your offering designed to meet your target clients' needs? Does your website exhibit your offering clearly?
- What about PRICE? Is your product affordable to your target clients? Is it the right value for their money?
- Does your website have effective PROMOTION strategy? Are you able to differentiate your offering from your competitors? Are you able to build and improve consumer demand? Does your advertising attract customers? Are you taking care of public relations? Are you able to convince customers to buy from you?
- PLACE- is your offering conveniently available to the target market? Do they know where to find you?
- PEOPLE are the defining factor for your service, they are your consumers. Are you thinking in terms of people inside and outside your organization?
- Does your service incorporate tangible elements to enhance PHYSICAL EVIDENCE? Does everything on your website create confidence in the mind of customers regarding your offer?
- The PROCESS of service delivery is crucial. Does your website ensure high quality service delivery process?
Make the most of your web presence!